Last Updated 07/01/2014
The Intel Service and the Intel Application are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your personal information may be stored and processed in the United States or other countries where we have facilities or where we engage service providers, and by using the Intel Service or the Intel Application, you consent to the transfer of your information to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may have laws regarding the processing of personal information that are less restrictive than the laws in your country.
Types of Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you use the Intel Service and Intel Application.
Information You Provide to Us. We and our service providers receive and store any information you provide to us:
- We collect personal information from you when you create an account, such as your birth date, first and last name, and e-mail address. If you permit your child aged 13-17 to use your account, we may also collect the birth date of your child.
- We collect your credit card or other payment account billing information when you purchase Digital Content, such as your first and last name, billing address, credit card number, security code, and expiration date.
- We collect any information that you include in your User Content, such as annotations and notes.
- If you contact us via e-mail, we may collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail.
Information We Collect Through Technology. We and our service providers also collect and store the following information about you automatically:
- We collect information related to your use of the Intel Application and your Digital Content, such as your touch gestures, highlights, bookmarks, page views, and other applications you may use with the Intel Application. The Intel Application provides information to us about its status, such as uptime, available memory, and errors that may have occurred.
- Our servers collect information related to your use of the Intel Service, such as what web browser and operating systems you are currently using, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the domain name you originated from, and a date and time stamp for your visit.
- Our advertisers and partners may also use similar technologies as the ones described above, and they may collect information about your use of third-party websites and services. We do not control use of such technologies used by advertisers and partners and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them.
Google Analytics. We currently use Google Analytics. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Please see the following links for more information about Google Analytics, including how to opt out of it: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html, http://www.google.com/privacy.html and http://www.google.com/analytics/tos.html
KISSmetrics. We currently use KISSmetrics. KISSmetrics provides certain services to Intel in connection with Intel’s operation of this Site, including the collection and tracking of certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors to this Site. Please see the following links for more information about KISSmetrics: https://www.kissmetrics.com/terms and https://www.kissmetrics.com/privacy
Other Sharing Features
Social Sharing. The Intel Application permits you to choose to share your notes or other User Content (“Shared Content”) with other users of the Intel Service. As you make changes to your Shared Content, any users you have chosen to share with will automatically receive updated versions of your Shared Content.
Usage Sharing. The Intel Application permits you to choose to share certain statistics about your use of Digital Content (e.g., how long you read each chapter) with other users of the Intel Service. As you use your Digital Content, any users you have chosen to share your statistics with will automatically receive updates of your statistics.
Other Users. You should be aware that when you send emails or other messages to other users, or share notes, other User Content, or statistics with other users, that information can be read, collected, used, or further disclosed by other users. We are not responsible for how other users read, collect, use, or further disclose your information.
How We Use Your Information. We and our service providers use your personal information to:
- create your account and identify you on our system;
- provide you with, operate, and improve the Intel Service and Intel Application;
- respond to your requests, comments and questions and provide you with customer service;
- provide you with contextual advertisements on the Intel Service and Intel Application and perform market research;
- otherwise support the internal operations of Intel, the Intel Service and Intel Application;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications; and
- send you e-mail messages or postal mail informing you of our products and services and third party products and services we believe may be of interest to you, such as new features and services, special offers, and updated information, and for other marketing purposes for us or other companies (“Newsletters”).
How We Share Your Information. We share your personal information with third parties as follows:
- with our third party service providers who provide support for the internal operations of the Intel Service and Intel Application and who are not permitted by us to use or disclose personal information for any other purpose;
- if we have a good faith belief that our use or disclosure of your personal information is necessary or appropriate to: (i) protect the security or integrity of the Intel Service, the Intel Application, our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (ii) take precautions against our liability; (iii) respond to judicial process; (iv) to the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety, including to agencies or authorities outside of your country of residence; (v) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; or (vi) enforce our terms and conditions.
Use and Disclosure of Anonymous Information. We may use and share aggregated or deidentified information for any purpose and in any manner. This anonymous data we share may include non-personally identifiable data that we create using your personal information by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.
Changes to Your Information. You may change certain of your personal information by editing your profile through your account or by sending us an e-mail or postal mail at the address below.
Security. Intel takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, Intel cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Security. Kno takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, Kno cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5155 Old Ironsides Dr
Santa Clara, CA 95054